Assistant to Scientific Service Unit
- Part Time (20 h/w)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 2,000* gross/month (basis full-time 40 hours/week)
The Scientific Service Unit (SSU) of IST Austria provides centralized access to specific technologies (microscopy, machine shop, animal house, etc.) to all scientists on campus. To support the SSU we are enlarging our team and are looking for a part time Assistant.
- Administrative support for the SSU Division Head, but also for the SSU Managers and the SSU staff in all organizational and administrative matters
- Office management, general administrative and organizational tasks
- Organization and preparation of meetings, visits and events
- Travel arrangements, time scheduling and reimbursement
- Maintenance of office supplies (inventory, ordering, distributing, etc.)
- Preparation and completion of documents, presentations and reports
- Substitution duties within the Scientific Service Unit
- Support SSU staff with HR topics
- Universal degree or completed commercial education (e.g. HASCH/HAK)
- First experience in an assistant position (experience in scientific or higher education environments is advantageous)
- Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent command of English and German (written & spoken) is necessary for all internal communication, conduction interviews, presentations, etc.
- Service-orientation, proactive attitude, discretion and confidentiality
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.