Laboratory Technician Research Group Kicheva
- Full Time (40h/w) – Limited until 31/12/2023 (extension t.b.d.)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 31.000* gross/year
The Kicheva lab is looking for a technical assistant to join our team working on vertebrate nervous system development. We seek motivated candidates with expertise in molecular biology or a related field to support research activities in the lab. The candidate will benefit from the dynamic environment of an enthusiastic international research team. We offer opportunities to develop new tools and techniques and be involved in organizing and supporting an interdisciplinary research program.
- Provide support with molecular biology, cell culture, generation of transgenic mouse and cell lines
- Assistance with mouse and chick embryo work
- General lab management duties including organizational support, ordering of consumables, and training new lab members
- University degree in biology or vocational training in related field
- Proven laboratory experience in molecular biology, cell biology, developmental biology, or related field
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to work independently
- Proactive personality and attention to detail
- Excellent command of English (working language)
Please submit a CV, short motivation letter, and two references by September 25, 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed at the end of September/beginning of October.
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.