Laboratory Technician Research Group Schanda
- Full Time (40h/w) – limited for 2 years (extension t.b.d.)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 31,000* gross/year
The Schanda group uses nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, which they combine with a host of other biophysical, biochemical, in-silico and in-vivo methods. The group spans activities from nuclear spin dynamics and biophysics to challenging biological problems. We are looking for a hands-on laboratory technician to assist with protein production, purification and laboratory organization and to provide research support.
- Developing, implementing and executing protein production and purification protocols
- Support and training of internal and external users in protein production and purification
- Documentation and setup of protocols
- Support of lab organization and ordering, including maintenance of reagent databases
- Master or Bachelor in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or other relevant fields
- Previous documented experience working in an experimental laboratory
- Proven practical experience with protein production using E. coli cultures
- Cell-free protein production experience is a plus
- Experience in protein purification techniques is mandatory
- Experience in the characterization of proteins and protein complexes is a plus (e.g. MS, ITC, SEC-MALS, Biolayer interferometry etc)
- Excellent command of English (working language)
- Strong organizational skills and reliability
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.