Laboratory Technician Research Group Freunberger
- Full Time (40 h/w) – Limited until 31/03/2026 (extension t.b.d.)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 31.000* gross/p.a.
The Freunberger group works on the fundamental science of electron and ion conducting and redox active materials as well as their mutual interactions in electrochemical devices such as rechargeable batteries. We synthesize new conducting and redox active materials and develop advanced physico-chemical and spectroscopic methods to understand charge-carrier transport and electrochemical reactions as well as surface and interface processes.
- General lab management duties, including maintenance of laboratory equipment and management of supplies (gases, cryogenics, etc.)
- Assistance in experimental setups and implementation of equipment
- Interface to our Scientific Service Units (e.g. electronic/mechanical workshop, nanofabrication facility, etc.)
- Support internal and external users with laboratory infrastructure, functional testing and result reporting
- Implementation of rules/guidelines/SOP´s; document and database
- HTL, BSc, or MSc in Chemistry, Material Science, Physics or equivalent
- Previous documented experience in managing laboratory services in the fields of chemistry or materials science (instruments, gases, cryogenics, resource management, storage of chemicals, waste management, etc.)
- Experience in managing laboratory security systems and supplies
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of chemical/physical characterization techniques plus computer, mechanics, and electronics knowledge and willingness to expand knowledge
- Good command of written and spoken English (working language)
- Hands-on mentality to design and implement new add-ons needed for experimental set-ups
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.