Mass Spectrometry Expert
- Full Time (40h/w)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 3,600* gross/month
The mass spectrometry facility provides proteomics analysis to scientists at IST Austria, including protein identification, differential expression analysis, proximity labelling, protein post-translational modification characterization, and more. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to strengthen existing data analysis pipelines as well as to operate LC-MS and GC-MS equipment.
- Apply existing and develop novel bioinformatics approaches to analyze data
- Work closely with research groups to plan experiments, communicate results, and provide analytical support
- Operate and maintain facility equipment (LC-MS and GC-MS)
- Develop and implement emerging proteomics technologies
- Reliably document all procedures along QC standards
- Conceptualize and implement rules/guidelines/SOPs
- Advanced degree (M.Sc. or Ph.D.) in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a similar field
- Proven practical experience in the analysis of mass spectrometry, in particular proteomics, data
- Experience with one of MaxQuant, Proteome Discoverer or Skyline; knowledge of R scripting beneficial
- Proven practical experience in the operation of mass spectrometry equipment
- Excellent communications skills in English (written & spoken)
- Strong service orientation paired with excellent conceptual and organizational skills
- Dedicated team player who also likes to work independently
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.