Postdoc Research Group Robinson
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 56,000* gross/year
- Application deadline: flexible start date
Multiple postdoctoral positions are available in a Medical Genomics Group of Matt Robinson at the Institute of Science and Technology, Austria. The positions are ideal for those with a statistics or computer science background who are looking to work on interesting statistical questions, with a view toward important medical research applications.
Our work focusses on developing statistical methods for large-scale medical genomic data. We have recently derived new models and implemented these in fast algorithms (https://github.com/medical-genomics-group/hydra) to determine the number of genes and the types of genomic regions underlying common complex disease risk, and to model the genetic basis of the age-at-symptom onset (https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.04.20188
433v1 and https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.04.20188441v1). We offer multiple possible projects related to these topics and the successful candidates may also shape their own research direction.
- PhD in either statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, or genomics, completed within the last five years
- Programming skills in C++ are a necessity
- High-level understanding of statistics
- Background in genetics/genomics is not required
- Proven track record on an internationally competitive scale
- Ability to solve problems creatively and carefully, both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
Application documents: 1 page motivation letter, CV with publication list, 2 page statement of research experience explaining how your skills are applicable, names of three references
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.