Postdoc Research Group Siegert
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 57,680 gross/year
- Application Deadline: flexible start date
Postdoc with focus on applied data analysis in Research Group Siegert. In recent years,
microglia, traditionally classified as immune-response, have been shown to adjust synaptic
connection during development and disease. However, their role in the adult nervous system
has been mostly diminished to an observer of environmental insults. We have recently shown
that selective drug manipulation stimulates microglia and restores juvenile-like plasticity. The
Neuroimmunology research group of Sandra Siegert aims now to explore how brain activity is
altered upon drug exposure. In our team, we are combining multiple biological methods from
molecular to function and behavior, and looking now for a team member, who likes to work in
this interdisciplinary environment and is curious to explore how microglia influence our brain.
- PhD in computational biology, statistical physics, applied mathematics, neurobiology, or similar
- Knowledge and prior experience in developing and applying computational methods to large (biological) datasets
- Exhibit critical thinking skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Motivated to work closely with scientists of other disciplines
- Eligible to meet the criteria of the NOMIS Fellowship or IST-BRIDGE Program
Application documents: A motivation letter, CV and two reference letters
To submit your application please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
ISTA promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, free of discrimination. All employment decisions at ISTA are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how ISTA processes your personal data, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.