Postdoc with a focus on theoretical calculations Research Group Ibáñez
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 57,680* gross/year
- Application deadline: flexible start date
Postdoc position: Computational scientist to evaluate thermoelectric materials
A senior postdoc position is opening in the research group of Professor Maria Ibáñez with a focus on: Theoretical calculations for the development of high-performance thermoelectric materials.
The Ibáñez group is currently working on the high-throughput discovery of thermoelectric material through solution processes. We are looking for a computational scientist that can support and guide our experimental work with theoretical calculations and predictions.
The research task includes:
1) unravel materials formation mechanism phenomena based on thermodynamic and kinetics principles
2) establish structure-properties relationships of thermoelectric materials using different computational tools
- PhD in Material Science, Chemistry, or Physics
- Extensive experience in first-principle-based strategies, other modeling techniques will be appreciated
- Experience in thermoelectrics will be valued but not indispensable
- High motivation and a proven ability to conduct independent research, as well as to work effectively as a member of a research team
- Ability to mentor PhD students
- Excellent command of English (working language)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Application documents: motivation letter, CV, and the name of three referees
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
ISTA promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, free of discrimination. All employment decisions at ISTA are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how ISTA processes your personal data, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.