Postdoc with a focus on theoretical calculations Research Group Ibáñez
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 56,000* gross/year
- Application deadline: flexible start date
Postdoc position: Computational scientist to evaluate thermoelectric materials
A senior postdoc position is opening in the research group of Professor Maria Ibáñez with a focus on: Theoretical calculations for the development of high-performance thermoelectric materials.
The Ibáñez group is currently working on the high-throughput discovery of thermoelectric material through solution processes. We are looking for a computational scientist that can support and guide our experimental work with theoretical calculations and predictions.
The research task includes:
1) unravel materials formation mechanism phenomena based on thermodynamic and kinetics principles
2) establish structure-properties relationships of thermoelectric materials using different computational tools
- PhD in Material Science, Chemistry, or Physics
- Extensive experience in first-principle-based strategies, other modeling techniques will be appreciated
- Experience in thermoelectrics will be valued but not indispensable
- High motivation and a proven ability to conduct independent research, as well as to work effectively as a member of a research team
- Ability to mentor PhD students
- Excellent command of English (working language)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Application documents: motivation letter, CV, and the name of three referees
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.