Postdoc with focus on TEM Research Group Ibáñez
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 56.000* gross/year
- Application deadline: flexible start date
A postdoc position is opening in the research group of Professor Maria Ibáñez with a focus on:
Study of temperature-induced transformation in nanostructured materials by high-resolution transmission electron microscopy.
The Ibáñez group develops novel functional nanomaterials using precisely designed nanocrystals as building blocks and investigates their properties as function of their finely tunable nano-features. In this way, we are able to create a new generation of complex materials in which components and functionalities can be defined in a predictable way. Beyond fundamental studies in nanocrystal synthesis, surface chemistry and assembly, the group also aims to provide high-efficiency cost-effective thermoelectric materials.
- PhD in Material Science, Nanoscience, Chemistry, or Physics
- Extensive experience in advanced transmission electron microscopy (TEM)
- Capacity to produce 3D atomic models of the materials studied
- Experience in in-situ experiments in the TEM will be highly valued, especially with a temperature-controlled TEM holder
- Experience with semiconductor materials, mainly metal chalcogenides
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High motivation and a proven ability to conduct independent research, as well as to work effectively as a member of a research team
- Excellent command of English (working language)
Application documents: motivation letter, CV, and the name of three referees
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.