Postdoc with focus planar Ge Research Group Katsaros
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 56.000* gross/year
- Application deadline: flexible start date
While GaAs structures represent the current state-of-the art in device complexity, Si devices hold the current records in coherence times due to the nuclear-spin free environment in isotopically purified samples. Ge which has been much less studied, has recently emerged as a very promising material platform for hosting spin qubits due to the suppressed hyperfine interaction and strong spin orbit coupling. In only three years a single Loss-DiVincenzo qubit, 2-qubit and most recently even 4-qubit devices have been demonstrated.
In the Nanoelectronics group of Georgios Katsaros we have recently realized a hole spin qubit with dephasing times of 1 μs operating already at fields of 500μT, within the range of magnetic fields currently used for on-chip biasing of superconducting circuits. This was achieved by using the large out of plane g-factors of holes in Ge and by encoding the qubit in the singlettriplet states of a double quantum dot device. In this project we aim to use hole qubits in planar Ge devices and make further steps towards the realization of a hole spin based quantum processor. More information: nanoelectronicsgroup.wordpress.com
- PhD and solid background in the following areas: microwave techniques, low temperature physics and quantum information
- Excellent track record in spin or superconducting qubits
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High motivation and ability to work closely with scientists of other disciplines
- Excellent command of English (working language)
- A proven ability to conduct independent research, as well as to work effectively as a member of a research team
Application documents: motivation letter, CV and two reference letters
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.