PR-Expert with focus on Alumni and Internal Communications
- Part Time (27 h/w)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 2,626* gross/month (full time)
The division Communication & Events at IST Austria strives to professionalize internal communications to meet the demands of the growing campus and to expand activities in the field of alumni relations to build up and maintain an active global network of our Alumni who are leaving IST Austria to pursue their careers within or outside Academia.
- Implementation of internal communication measures
- Development of an employee magazine: knowledge of editorial processes, creation and design
- Research and content creation for internal communication channels and for alumni
- Writing various texts, e.g. press releases, interviews, articles
- Building a network by pro-actively contacting IST staff and maintaining personal contact to scientists on campus and alumni
- Drive the alumni relations process from creating to maintaining relevant structures, processes and measures
- Organize alumni events and symposia on a regular basis
- University degree in journalism (or a similar field)
- Training & work experience in public relations, journalism or communications
- High affinity towards science, work experience in a scientific institution advantageous
- Knowledge of media relations and the Austrian media landscape
- Ability to write texts to the point and to find an angle of interest for various audiences
- Excellent communication skills in English and German
- Enthusiastic communicator and networker with confident appearance aiming to build strong bonds between alumni and IST staff
- Result-orientation, creativity and problem-solving skills
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.