Senior Systems Engineer – Windows/VMware
- Full Time (40 h/w)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 50.000* gross/year
As part of our IT infrastructure team, which provides our on-premises networks & servers, you will work on the server-systems based on Microsoft operating systems. Most of our systems run virtual on a VMware infrastructure, which you will take care of as well. Because of the changing demands of our internal customers, developing and providing new services (e.g. VDI) is also a big part of this position.
- Participate in design, deployment, and maintenance of IT systems and services – especially for Windows servers and VMware virtualization
- Provide 2nd level and 3rd Level IT support for our users
- Respond to software and hardware outages; provide end-user documentation
- Implement and maintain scripts for automated systems management
- Document configuration of servers, services, and applications
- Several years of work experience as a Systems Engineer for Windows/VMware
- Profound knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and applications (AD, Exchange, etc.) and some experience with Linux systems
- Expertise as VMware administrator as well as some hands-on knowledge providing VDI
- Understanding of basic networking principles: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, and Switching
- Experience with automated systems management and scripting languages
- Some understanding of container technologies and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Used to working with and within common IT service management and/or IT security frameworks (ITIL, IS0 27001, etc.)
- Good command of the English language
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.