Virus Service Technician
- Part Time (20h/w) - Limited until 31/12/2022 (maternity replacement)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 2,222* gross/month (basis full-time 40 hours/week)
The Molecular Biology Services at IST Austria were implemented in 2019 with the aim to support the research groups with the efficient use of virus vectors. Since then, we have supported our scientists with vector design, molecular cloning and viral production. Operating routine work related to all stages of virus vectors production, in particular:
- Production of DNA constructs for various viral gene delivery systems
- Maintenance and expansion of cell lines in culture
- Production, purification and quantification of viruses up to Bio Safety Level 2
- Management of required lab supplies, databases and produced goods
- Quality management and thorough documentation of working procedures
- University degree (bachelor or equivalent) in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology or related areas
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology and cell culture is essential
- Experience with virus production and purification is advantageous
- Excellent command of English (written & spoken); knowledge of German is a plus
- Goal oriented working style with high organizational skills
- Excellent team player that can also work independently and in a flexible way
- High degree of responsibility with high quality standards to deliver constantly high service level
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.