IST-BRIDGE: International Postdoctoral Program
Are you eager to perform cutting edge basic research in an international environment? Do you want to push the frontiers of science and work with supervisors and colleagues that are among the best in the world?
The IST-BRIDGE program at Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) offers fully funded (two-year) postdoctoral fellowships for highly qualified candidates who have completed or will soon complete their PhD or equivalent in the natural or computer sciences, mathematics or any related discipline.
IST-BRIDGE postdocs’ careers will be enhanced by a flexible ‘career-tracks’ training program and optional non-academic secondments, placements in ISTA research support units, and academic secondments to outstanding international BRIDGE Network partners.
Benefits of an IST-BRIDGE fellowship
- International, Interdisciplinary, and Intersectoral fellowship program
- 2-year, fully funded postdoctoral position (optional extensions for placements/secondments)
- Profiled competency training: 4 flexible ‘career-tracks’
- Optional BRIDGE placements and secondments
- ‘Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow’ title – internationally recognized mark of research excellence
- All research fields supported at ISTA will be eligible (see https://ist.ac.at/en/research).
- At the date of the deadline, applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience and anticipate the completion of their PhD degree before the start of their fellowship (which should not be later than ~7 months post-deadline – see guide for applicants). A fellowship contract will not be issued until a copy of the diploma/proof of successful defense is provided.
- Applicants cannot have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately prior to the call deadline.
- Researchers already employed at ISTA at the call deadline are not eligible to apply.
Calls for proposals: IST-BRIDGE will recruit 60 fellows over 5 globally-advertised calls (approximately 12 per call).
Call deadlines: 05/11/21 – 05/05/22 – 05/11/22 – 05/05/23 – 05/11/23
See ‘How to apply’ section below for the Guide for Applicants and application links. Should you have questions on the IST-BRIDGE fellow application process, please see the FAQ section below or contact: email@example.com
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 101034413.