Outgoing Erasmus+ staff training mobility at IST Austria
The Erasmus+ staff training mobility grant is funded by the European Union and enables IST Austria to send staff to on-site trainings at other institutions within Europe in participating Erasmus+ program countries. The program offers great opportunities for acquiring knowledge and professional experience abroad to academic and administrative staff of IST Austria.
The Erasmus+ staff training mobility program provides contributions to travel and subsistence (accommodation and living) costs to support your mobility abroad.
By signing the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE), based on our Erasmus policy statement, IST Austria committed to providing all necessary support for mobility activities for incoming and outgoing Erasmus+ participants.
Why take part?
Your mobility is of advantage for you and IST Austria:
• Discover new ideas
• Study new tools and techniques
• Transfer knowledge and best practices
• Learn from shared experience
• Acquire new practical skills
• Make benchmarks
• Meet new people, possible peers and sparring partners
• Refresh your thinking and perspectives
• Learn different approaches and broaden your horizon
• … and bring everything back to IST Austria and to your colleagues!
Eligibility and requirements
Eligible staff members
• Academic and administrative staff of IST Austria.
• Employment contract at IST Austria that is valid at least 2 months before and 2 months after the mobility.
• Approval of the Erasmus+ mobility application by direct supervisor.
Preference will be given to staff members participating in the staff training mobility program for the first time.
Eligible types of training
The mobility can be used for participation in trainings, job shadowing, workshops, courses, summer schools and similar training activities at higher educational institutions (ECHE required) or other relevant organizations. Attendance at conferences is not an eligible type of training mobility.
Duration of training
Min. 2 days – max. 4 weeks (excluding travel days).
Countries of destination The following Erasmus+ program countries are currently eligible for staff training placements:
|EU member states||Non-EU member states|
|Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal,Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom||Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Turkey|
European countries not listed above and non-European countries are not eligible.
Contact details and information on Erasmus+
• Further information and contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Staff members of IST Austria can find details about application documents, deadlines and financial conditions on our internal IST wiki page about the Erasmus+ staff training mobility program.
• The OeAD is the Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research, and coordinates Erasmus+ activities together with participating institutions in Austria. On the Erasmus+ website of the OeAD you can find all relevant information about Erasmus+ related to Austria (mostly in German).
• General Information about the Erasmus+ – EU program for education, training, youth and sport can also be found on the website of the European Commission.
• The Erasmus+ Programme Guide from the EU provides full details of all funding opportunities supported by Erasmus+ for participants and participating organisations.
Incoming Erasmus+ participants
IST Austria accepts incoming Erasmus+ participants on traineeships and staff mobility activities. The Erasmus+ code is A KLOSTER01.
Incoming Erasmus+ students are processed as independent student interns. Students who are interested in doing an internship/traineeship at IST Austria may apply to the respective group leader directly. Internships are full time and will be conducted exclusively in English.
Find out more about the research groups. Application deadline: anytime, directly to individual professors Start: minimum of 4 weeks after acceptance by professor
Duration: up to 12 months
• close supervision by a faculty or a group member,
• full access to IST Austria facilities and services,
• full access to academic and German language courses,
• visa support (if applicable),
• limited number of on-campus housing options available,
• access to health insurance coverage
Other academic and administrative staff employed at a research institution participating in the Erasmus+ program, who are interested in Erasmus+ training activities at IST Austria, should contact the research group and/or relevant unit directly to discuss the details.