The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria) is a young international institute dedicated to basic research and graduate education in the natural and mathematical sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna.
IST Austria is committed to conducting world-class research. By 2026, up to 90 research groups will perform research in an international state-of-the-art environment.
- We conduct basic research in the natural and mathematical sciences, and we educate future researchers.
- We foster interdisciplinary interaction between scientists.
- We provide a world-class environment for science and an attractive destination for doctoral students, postdocs, and professors from all countries.
- We are committed to the highest international academic standards, integrity, equality and diversity on campus, as well as respect and recognition for all.
- We use the public and private funds entrusted to us in the most effective and efficient manner.
- We pursue an active policy of exploiting intellectual property when possible.
- We succeed by contributing to the international scientific community, research in Europe, higher education in Austria, and society at large.
Diversity & Inclusion
At IST Austria, diversity and inclusion are core values that we see as essential for creating and disseminating new knowledge and for taking science into new directions. IST Austria strives for a diverse community with an open, inclusive culture where scientists and staff of all expertises and backgrounds, regardless of age, gender/identity, ethnicity/race, social/cultural background, creed/religion, sexual orientation, and physical/cognitive abilities, can work and learn together.
It is our shared understanding and awareness that, especially in STEM fields, it is a long journey, which requires honest, steadfast commitment, to achieve a truly diverse and inclusive community. To this end, IST Austria will steadily continue to implement and evaluate measures to increase our diversity and to strengthen our inclusive campus culture.
Contact person for Diversity & Inclusion questions: IST Good Practice Officer (GPO), Hilde Janssens.