Research Technician / Electrical Engineering Research Group Katsaros
- Full Time (40 h/w)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 44,800* gross/year – Position limited for 3 years (extension t.b.d.)
The Katsaros group studies spin qubits in two-dimensional Ge heterostructures and in parallel aims to understand whether protected qubits can be realized in hybrid semiconductor-superconductor systems. While our research is focused on the realization of different types of qubits, the group is very much interested in studying new fundamental physics emerging in semiconductor nanodevices. Currently we are looking for a Research Technician with focus Electrical Engineering in order to support our group with qubit experiments.
- Develop radiofrequency (up to 20GHz) PCB boards, filters, and reflectometry techniques
- Work with students on operating/synchronizing various RF instruments like high frequency lock-in amplifiers, arbitrary waveform generators, signal generators
- Support the group with software development (python) for qubit experiments
- Take part in group meetings and provide solutions to everyday challenges
- Degree (M.Sc./PhD) in physics or electrical engineering with interest in physics
- Experience with electronics (printed circuit board design) and RF equipment (directional couplers, circulators, high frequency lock-in amplifiers, arbitrary waveform generators, signal generators)
- Extensive knowledge of programming (preferentially python)
- Basic knowledge of vacuum technology and cryogenics of advantage
- Interest in participating in the everyday life of a low temperature physics lab
- Excellent command of English (working language)
- Proactive personality with attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently, learn quickly and multi-task
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
ISTA promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, free of discrimination. All employment decisions at ISTA are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how ISTA processes your personal data, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.