Team Lead IT Infrastructure
- Full Time (40 h/w)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria / Home Office possible
- € 62,000* gross/year
As part of ISTA IT, the CoreIT team provides the basic IT infrastructure, which consists of the campus network and systems/servers which are almost entirely on-premises and distributed among the buildings at the growing ISTA campus. to the institute. You will lead a team of dedicated experts ensuring the availability of IT services for our diverse (research) environment. With your hands-on-mentality, you not only share expert knowledge among your team members, but you also like to work on problems by yourself. Your ability to analyze problems and propose multiple alternative solutions, as well as your flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing environment, is very important for the overall success of the team.We are looking for a responsible leader with a strong technical focus, being able to support the team both in technical & personal development, and does not lose the overview in a demanding environment.
- Participate in the planning, design, implementation, and operation of IT services, IT systems and networks
- Lead the CoreIT team (currently 8 IT experts) as part of the IT unit at ISTA
- Maintain, further develop and come up with new technical solutions for the institute’s requirements
- Ensure proper documentation of the IT infrastructure as well as lean and compliant processes
- Relevant technical education or equivalent experiences
- At least 5 years professional experience as a system/network administrator
- Ideally some experience in a supervisory function
- Experience working within common IT service management frameworks, IT security frameworks and IT project management methodologies
- Profound knowledge of operating systems and respective software environments, includingvirtual environments (VMware, Containers, Kubernetes, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of LAN and WAN networking, related protocols and standards
- Experience with scripting and automation of IT infrastructures
- Responsible attitude, understanding the critical importance of IT infrastructure and data
- Stress resistance, strong communication skills and excellent command of English
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
ISTA promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, free of discrimination. All employment decisions at ISTA are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how ISTA processes your personal data, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.