Postdoc Research Group Schur
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 56.000* gross/year
- Application Deadline: July 23, 2021
Joint postdoc project supported by Chan Zuckerberg initiative
The Schur group studies the molecular organization and structure of mechanisms that control cell migration and viral infection. To this end we use and develop new approaches for cryoelectron tomography and image processing and combine them with cell biology, genetics and biochemistry. The Schur group has a postdoc opening for a joint project with the Danzl group at IST Austria, supported by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative via their Frontiers of Imaging program. In this project we are aiming to devise novel workflows to correlate cryo super-resolution light microscopy and cryo-electron-tomography at nanometer accuracy to contextualize protein locations. We will also develop open-source computational tools to guide structure determination and visual proteomics of uncharted proteins in crowded cellular environments.
- PhD degree in Structural Biology, Computational Biology or related field completed within the past 5 years
- Experience in cryo-electron microscopy and associated image analysis, additional expertise in cell biology or biochemistry is highly valued
- High level of interest in developing new workflows for solving cell biological questions in in situ structural biology
- Committed to research excellence with a demonstrated relevant publication track record in leading scientific journals
- A proven ability to conduct independent research, as well as to work effectively as a member of a research team
- Interest in mentoring graduate students
- Ability to solve problems creatively and carefully
- Excellent command of English (working language)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
Application documents: motivation letter, CV, names of 3 references
IST is growing. Grow with us!
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how IST Austria processes your personal data, please refer to www.ist.ac.at/data-protection.