Postdoc Research Group Siegert
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 57.680* gross/year
- Application deadline: flexible start date
Postdoctoral opportunity with NOMIS/IST-Bridge in Siegert lab
We are at the intersection of neurobiology and immunology research and interested how microglia, the resident immune cells in the brain, influence our thinking. The brain’s visual system provides a unique system to address this kind of question. We combine multiple biological methods from behavior, functional and transcriptional aspects at either single cell or cell network level. Examples of our projects addressing for example how topological data analysis approaches help us to distinguish between microglial states (in collaboration with EPFL, Switzerland and KTH, Sweden), how distinct drugs alter spatio-temporal gene expression at the single cell level and impact in vivo brain activity, and how microglia impact visual processing and information transmission from the retina to the brain.
- PhD in computational biology, statistical physics, applied mathematics, machine learning or similar
- Prior experience in developing and applying computational methods to large datasets
- Research experience in single-cell RNA sequencing or in vivo electrophysiological recordings is a plus
- Proficiency in the use of programming languages such as Python, C++, Matlab or R for statistical data analysis
- You should exhibit critical thinking skills, an independent work ethic, the motivation to implement new strategies into the research workflow and efficiently communicate to the diverse group background.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work closely with scientists of other disciplines
- If you are interested to apply with a project in our group, please check whether you meet the eligibility criteria of NOMIS or IST-Bridge: https://ist.ac.at/en/education/ postdocs
Application documents: motivation letter, CV and the name of three references, via email with the subject title „ NOMIS IST“
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, life sciences & physical sciences. We strive to recruit passionate professionals from across the world over all fields who strive to support our goal of excellent research. Located within a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer multiple opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
ISTA promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, free of discrimination. All employment decisions at ISTA are based on job requirements, qualifications, merit and organizational needs. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
*This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. For more information on how ISTA processes your personal data, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.